The official site for the British Community Committee of France

Latest News


You must apply for your Withdrawal Agreement residence permit by 30th June if you have not already done so

June 2, 2021

You MUST apply online before 30 June

From 1st October 2021, it will be a legal requirement for British citizens to hold a "Withdrawal Agreement" residence permit ("Carte de Séjour") in order to reside in France. The latest date to be able to apply for this is 30th June 2021. So if you have not already done so, go to the French Government website link shown below without delay.

The only exceptions to this are:

  • British Citizens who also hold another European Union nationality (e.g. French or Irish) - note that if your application for French Nationality is still in progress you do need to apply for a Carte de Séjour
  • Those who applied for a "No Deal Brexit" Carte de Séjour during the period that application site was open, from October 2019 to January 2020 - although in that case you should already have received your new Carte de Séjour
  • You arrived in France after 31st December 2020, in which case you will not qualify for a "Withdrawal Agreement" Carte de Séjour, but will have to go through the third party country visa request process

Claire Godfrey, member of the Executive Committee of the BCC, has prepared a 5-minute YouTube video explaining the application process, and you can view her message by clicking here.

French Government website giving the explanation of what is required from 1 January 2021:

Link to the French Government website for applying for your "Withdrawal Agreement" residence permit:

In French:

In English: